Sponsor a Park Bench Program The
Interest in Sponsoring a park bench?
The Town of Digby is providing an opportunity to sponsor a Park Bench or Adirondack chair.
This program is a unique opportunity to sponsor a bench or a chair at Fisherman’s Memorial Park, the Promenade, Digby Centre, Lower Boardwalk, and Admirals Walk. The cost of sponsorship is $500.00 + HST each which includes installation, a customized plaque, and ongoing maintenance. The types of Benches and Adirondack Chair selected for the designated areas which are available for sponsorship.
- Payment of sponsorship must be received before a completed application will be accepted for review.
- The completed application will be reviewed by the CAO (or designate) within 10 business days of receipt of the application.
- Upon receipt of an application the CAO shall review the application to ensure the plaque inscriptions does not:
- Express political, ideological, religious or individual convictions;
- Promote illegality, hatred or discrimination.
- The CAO may:
- Approve the application
- Not approve the application
- Refer to Council when in his or her discretion, otherwise deems it appropriate.
- When the CAO does not approve an application, the applicant has a right to appeal his/her decision to Council within 14 days of the applicant being notified.
Download the Sponsor a Park Bench Program PDF Fillable (566 KB)